Friday, August 7, 2009

Out with the old and in with the old!

We have had an old porch swing on the side porch that I purchased at a garage sale for 10 cents 5 years ago. The side wood rotted and we decided to pass it on to a handier member of the family. So today I found this old aluminum chaise lounge that should fit the bill. I'm guessing it's from the 40's or possibly early 50's. The fabric on the original cushions are in mint condition and very retro style. Which now brings me to share a couple of haggling tips when you're on an archeology expedition. I always assume everything is 20% off when I walk into a sale. I never ask them if they'll go lower I just make them a lower offer. If they want a little more they will counter but rarely do I get a "no". Always be polite and thank them for what a great deal you got on such a nice item.


No comments:

Post a Comment