Thursday, July 22, 2010

Danish Make Over

It's been a while since I shared a garage sale find. For one thing I was in a class for 2 weeks and the rain in June never seemed to end. I have made a few purchases and this post is about a great find from this morning's bike ride. I seem to find the best things when I'm not looking very hard. If I've said it once I've said it a dozen times, I can furnish a one bedroom apartment for $500.00 or less and do it well. This excludes the mattress and box spring for obvious reasons. These chairs are actually much prettier in person then the photo. I spent $8.00 on the pair and another $12.00 on new fabric. A little Old English furniture oil made to help with minor scratches and the end result is a striking pair of chairs featuring dove tailed joints and full back support. There's a beautiful white Danish Modern sofa at the local thrift shop for $30.00 that would be perfect with these chairs. It can be done............and you can do it too.

BEFORE

No comments:

Post a Comment